Version 0.4 is now available to download.
This new version includes a number of new features and a some bug fixes. Examples of all the new features are in the example files in the download package. Below is a summary of what's new.
- Create custom menus via a new xl_menu decorator.
- Reload PyXLL modules from a menu option, instead of having to unload and reload the addin. This new menu item is only avaiable if PyXLL:developer_mode is set to 1 in the config file.
- NumPy array support for argument and return types.
- Python isn't shutdown until you exit Excel, even if you un-load a PyXLL addin. This means PyXLL is doesn't conflict with other addins that also use Python (eg win32com).
- Set the name of your addin in the config file (PyXLL:name) so it looks like any other addin instead of being called PyXLL.
- Multi-threading support in Excel 2007 and 2010. Set the thread_safe keyword argument to the xl_func decorator to True to tell Excel it can call your function from another thread. In earlier versions of Excel it does nothing.
- Allow win32com to be used inside a worksheet function or menu function to access the Excel object model. You can use this to do most things you might previously have done in VBA.