Author Topic: 2010-03-07 - Version 0.5 released  (Read 1329 times)

Tony

• Administrator
    • View Profile
2010-03-07 - Version 0.5 released
« on: March 26, 2010, 12:44:09 AM »
Version 0.5 is now available to download.

The licensing of PyXLL has changed in this version. Now it is not necessary to obtain a license to use PyXLL for non-commercial or evaluation purposes. If you already have a licence key from a previous version it will continue to work with this version.

The dialog box that appeared when PyXLL was loaded no longer appears if you have a valid license key. If you are using PyXLL without a license or your license has expired you will still get a dialog that pops up. If you license expires you can now continue using PyXLL while you obtain a new license, but with the dialog box on load.

All bugs from the previous version that have been reported to me are fixed in this release. Of course if you come across any more, please do email me (tony@pyxll.com) so I can look into them.

There are a few new features as well. Here's a list of them:

• The var type may now be used to pass errors from Excel to python as python exception objects and vice-versa.
  • There's a new type float_nan that behaves like float, but if the cell is an error the float passed to your function will be NaN. This new type can be used in arrays and numpy arrays (e.g. numpy_array<float_nan>).
  • 1d numpy arrays can be used as argument and return types using the new types numpy_row and numpy_column.
  • A new decorator xl_license_notifier has been added. You can use this to get license information when PyXLL is added, for example if you want to send an email if a user's license is about to expire.
  • When developer_mode is set in the config file a new 'about' menu item is available under the PyXLL addin menu. It shows you the current version as well as any license information.